Antique Photogravure after colonial photographer S. G. Spinks (had been a superintendent of the St John's Sunday School 1881-85)
Published For Glimpses of Australia, Sydney, 1897
"Adelaide Botanical Gardens occupy a portion of the park Lands which the far-sighted men who laid out a the city reserved all round it to be a perpetual park and recreation ground for the people. The Gardens were laid out by Mr G.W. Frances, in 1855, and they comprised of a modest 8 acres...but they have grown to forty acres...there is the adjoining Botanic Park of eighty acres...There are beautiful lawns, walks plantations, conservatories a Museum of Economic Botany, a rosary, orchids and palm houses, and a splendid specimen of the gigantic Victoria Regis water lilly... "
Paper 12 x 7.9 in (30 x 19.8cm)/Image 9.2 x 7 in (23 x 17.5cm)