This original chromolithograph was published by E.S.Wigg & Son in 1886. This firm is still with us in 2001, our Federation centenary.
West along Hindley Street in the direction of the Port Adelaide. The Colony took some time to develop its architecture where pise and mud structures and timber buildings prevailed until the wealth of the 1840’s Copper discoveries started to impact on the character of the inner city development. Many Scottish pre fabricated buildings brought out for shelter by the first immigrants, still populated this view.
The Gallery is celebrating 100 YEARS OF FEDERATION
Size of portrait images = 14cm x 19cm
Archival Edition Limited to 200 each image. Issued with numbered certificate.